Why Drink Water?
The Benefits of Drinking Water
People wonder, why drink water?
Think about being by the ocean, or sitting in nature by a flowing stream.
Even thinking about it feels relaxing refreshing and rejuvenating.
Our bodies need water.
Drinking enough pure healthy water is essential for good health, resiliency and therefore stress prevention.
What are the benefits of drinking water?
Better Health - Less Stress
Our bodies use water for virtually every biological and cellular function necessary for life and health.
- Fluids are required to bring oxygen and other nutrients to the cells of the body.
- Fluids are required to carry away the cellular waste products of metabolism and other toxins out of the body.
- It has been estimated our bodies loose about 10 cups of water every day in its normal functioning.
- This water must be replaced every day from the water we drink and the food we eat.
Some experts believe insufficient water contributes to increased levels of pain, headaches, constipation, and even serious chronic diseases.
Chronic low grade dehydration contributes to premature aging, wrinkles and a host of other health ailments.
Are you still wondering why drink water?
We could get technical but...Would you rather be like a fresh young juicy peach
or a dried out old prune?
How Much Water to Drink
Most experts agree that we should be drinking at least one ounce of water for every 2 pounds of body weight every day. That means...
- A woman weighting 150 pounds usually benefits by drinking at least 75 ounces, or nine and a half full glasses of water a day.
- A man weighting 200 pounds usually benefits by drinking at least 100 ounces, or twelve and a half full glasses of water a day.
- And on days which are very hot, or we are exercising strenuously, we will often require more water.
Tips we use to make drinking water easier
The answer to why drink water is this, the benefits of drinking water are great. When our body doesn’t get the water it needs daily, our life is more stressful than it needs to be.
- We measure out the day’s water in the morning and either put it on the table in a jar, or put it into a water bottle or two and bring it with us to work. This makes drinking water more convenient and also helps keep track of how much water still needs to be drunk that day.
- Add a squirt of fresh lemon or lime to the water to vary the taste. You can also use a few sprigs of crushed fresh mint or another herb to vary the taste easily. Currently my favorite herb tea is Rooibos. It tastes refreshing as regular tea but it has no caffeine.
- Drink only pure healthy water most of the time so that the body accepts it more easily. Pure water tastes and feels better.
- Use a high quality water purification system.
There are many toxins, chemicals and even drugs which commonly are found in municipal tap water. Over time they can build up in your body and be detrimental to health.
We find that it helps a lot to use a high quality water purification system at home. This reduces water costs associated with buying bottled water and is more protective of our family’s health and well being than tap water.
Drinking enough pure healthy water is a basic stress prevention technique.
Now that you know the answer to “why drink water”, explore other important
Stress Prevention Healthy Lifestyle Choices
Gentle-Stress-Relief.com home page from Why Drink Water - the Benefits of Drinking Water.
Batmanghelidj, F., M.D. 1997, 1992. Your Body's Many Cries For Water. Falls Church,Virginia: Global Health Solutions, Inc.