Fun Stress Relief Ideas
Fun stress relief comes in many shapes and sizes.
Do something you already love or try something new.
It will balance your biochemistry and help you to feel a lot better.
The choice is yours. Stress relief activities can be any simple, natural activity which:
- eases your heart,
- gives you delight and
- helps you to feel better.
It won't be the same things for everyone.
Vary your recreational activities, and try new ones, so you are not doing the same ones all the time. This will make your fun ways to reduce stress even
Here are just a few fun stress relief ideas to spark your creativity:
- Play an instrument
- Go to a concert
- Join a sports team
- Attend a baseball game
- Learn a new sport -take tennis lessons, or golf lessons
- Go horseback riding
- Take up painting
- Take up pottery making
- Give lessons of something you know how to do
- Start writing short stories or poems
- Do nothing- sit under a shady tree and just watch nature
- Plant a garden
- Make a gift for someone else
- Learn to knit
- Build a home improvement project
- Play board games like monopoly or scrabble
- Play charades
- Take up knitting or sewing
- Draw a picture
- Fly a kite
- Go fishing, canoeing, or kayaking
- Take a nap
- Bake a cake or cookies and then give them away
- Write a letter to someone you love
- Write in your journal
- Read a good book
- Take a few deep breaths, and then watch a funny movie
- Remember 10 things you are grateful for
- Drink a cup of hot tea
- Eat a mango, or a bowl of strawberries…Yummy
- Take a yoga class
- Call a friend and cheer them up
- Visit the park, or go for a walk
- Plan a holiday
- Listen to your favorite CD
- Do a crossword puzzle
- Feed the birds or squirrels
- Read some good jokes
- Get a massage
- Try a sauna
- Plan a party
- Build a sand castle
- Learn chess
- Say a prayer for someone you care about
- Get out of your rut. Learn something new and creative, like photography or a second language, just for the fun of it. It can help give you a whole new perspective on life.
I recently found that taking pictures with my old camera has been enormous fun and helps me see the beauty that is all around me in every day life. I also discovered an fun new way to learn foreign languages. It feels like its expanding my horizons and relieving stress in positive new ways. I found this information on the internet at Great Escape Publishing.
It you still don't know what to do, try remembering 4 or 5 times in
your life when you were really having a good time. It may give you a
clue to your perfect fun stress relief activities.
humorous stress relief,
also known as laughter is wonderful way to feel better fast.
natural stress relief ideas,
Return to Gentle Stress Relief home page
for an overview of many more stress relief ideas.